• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Question?-Give me your thoughts

Do you think the billing/coding market is getting flooded with too many people and not enough jobs to go around. I had heard of the nursing shortage and the nursing schools produced so many new nurses that now there is not enough jobs to go around. Do you think billing/coding is going through the same thing? I am currently in billing/coding school and think that the market might be saturated with bill/coder professionals and I will not be able to obtain a position when I get out of school.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I don't think they can saturate the market for both billing and coding. Also, ICD-10-CM really throws a wrench into everything. Long time coders will retire or move into auditing and such. This is a prime time. The key though is to market yourself.

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Hi Sharon,
You are on a great career path. I agree with Alicia, with the implementation of ICD-10 some will embrace the change and some will move into other areas. Our field is growing and changing - what an exciting time!